Thursday, December 19, 2013

Leah's Bedding

Well it's been a while since I've blogged here, but I promise that isn't for lack of making things. Mostly I've just been lacking time. I've made several things for other people, but most recently I made our second little girl's bedding. Leah is expected to arrive sometime in February and I really wanted to have her bedding done before Christmas. I put it off and got fabric late, and then I put it off some more. This pregnancy could be summarized in one word, procrastination. Tuesday I decided I had procrastinated long enough and that her bed skirt and blanket would be done before I went to bed. It led to a late night but start to finish, it all happened Tuesday. This is the final result.

The fabric is Modern Roses by Stephanie Ryan. I saw the fabric earlier in the Fall but it wasn't released until almost Thanksgiving. I loved it so much when I first saw it I decided to wait for it, and I didn't bother looking at anything else. Some people have asked if I used a pattern and the answer is no. In so many ways I think things like bedding is much easier to make up as you go along and it becomes exactly what you want. In fact I often say that I sew cute fun things, not practical things and the reason is probably because I would have to use a pattern when sewing practical things. Therefore I use patterns very little.
I'm excited to have at least one thing checked off of the "anticipating baby" to do list. This literally might be the only thing. Funny how things change with baby number 2. Regardless if I get anything else done before Leah's arrival I'm so excited to meet her and welcome her into our family. Children are such a blessing and being able to make them special gifts is such a little token of my appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment